Has it come to your mind that many of your marriage problems, occur due to a lack of physical affection?
That is correct, marriage problems stem from not providing what your spouse needs.
God has wired your wife that she cherishes continuous dedicated bursts of kindness.
Hey gentlemen, have noticed how often she seeks out your kisses?
Kissing is certainly one form of communication in Marriage.
Log this in your “marriage tips” space today.
As a husband, you can overcome a lot of your marriage problems by being more affectionate!
Does she like hugs? It is not a “showy” expression on her part to desire kisses and hugs.
She wants to reaffirm her emotional connections with her husband.
Include these in this post marriage counselingMarriage problemsCommunication in marriageMarriage tips
For a woman, affection is like comfortable “glue” that holds the marriage together.
These wives have generated a list of suggestions, which are noted here.
To help your relationship become closer make some time after highlighting this list, to ask your wife if she agrees.
(By the way, some of these suggestions are not exactly physical touching, but since our seminar wives listed them as such, they are listed here :
- Holding hands while driving, walking or sitting together, anywhere.
- Touching her arm, shoulder, or neck at anytime and often.
- Hugs whenever they come into close proximity or because he chose to go and give her a hug, “just to affirm he cares about her!”
- Making her a meal and serving it to her while she relaxes.
- Bringing her a gift when it is not a special day such as an anniversary, birthday, and so on: flowers, a greeting card to say he was thinking of her, her favorite candy or treat (one husband brings his wife her favorite coffee every so often).
- A text or a phone call to say “I am thinking about you.” This is especially good if he is going to be late or if he stops at a store and asks if she needs something while he is there?
- A shoulder massage or rubbing a special sore spot, brought on by her particular type of work.
- Taking care of the children so she has some “time alone” to unwind.
- Taking a walk together (this is a good time to hold her hand).
Here Are Some “Real” Non-sexual Gestures:
- Pick up the dirty laundry, and then wash and dry them?
- Make sure the toilet seat is lowered. Men are notorious for this one. Ensure that your wife can’t say that.
- Take out the trash. Also, on the correct day, take the cans out to the curb and retrieve them upon arriving home.
- Are there children in diapers? Change those things as often as they need to be changed. It does not make a husband less of a man to change stinky diapers!
- Do the dishes every so often. Enjoy the time together in the kitchen, or tell her to go relax, you have this! Wives love a man with dishpan hands. As Earl Wilson once said, “No woman has ever shot her husband while he was doing the dishes!” (It’s a joke, son!)
- Look for jobs around the house that the wife normally gets stuck doing to help her out a bit.
- The Husband’s Handbook does not give any husband the right to make his wife do every job around the house. (Psssst – there is no Husbands Handbook! – maybe that could be the name for this book. Hmmm.)
If you enjoyed this post, you will love this one:
Always Expect The Best For Your Marriage – The Best Is Yet To Be!!!
Your friend and coach — Jerry Stumpf
Our newsletter tips are a bit more depth than just what is on this post, so sign up today!
Be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletters, marriage relationship tips, suggestions and insights.
Husbands sign up next to this post — > – – – > > >
Wives please sign up below, between the arrows