Allow me to quote part of an article from Christian Counseling Today Magazine:
“In my years of practice as a Christian counselor, I often found people seeking help who didn’t really need to see a therapist. They were not in a state of crisis and could probably have gone on indefinitely as they were, but they didn’t want to. They had a distinct feeling that something was missing. They wanted help from someone who was objective, confidential, and skilled in active listening; someone who would care about them and give honest feedback. They wanted a guide or mentor to help them find greater peace and joy in their Christian life. These people were looking for a Life Coach.
Athletes, musicians and actors have always used coaches to improve their skills, overcome obstacles, remain focused, and attain the level of performance their professions demand. Corporate executives and entrepreneurs hire business coaches to help them excel in their industries, take a company public, or start a new business. People even hire nutritional coaches or fitness coaches to help them work a successful weight loss program or tone up their bodies. Increasingly people are hiring Life Coaches to help them create and truly live out the life they desire for themselves and their families.”
(Technology, Coaching and Life Management - A feature article in Christian Counseling Today magazine, Vol, 8, No. 1, 2000, pp 20 – 22)
I try not to ask a bunch of questions to you, but this is a slight exception for today’s thoughts.
So take a few minutes and consider these few thoughts before looking at the rest of the post:
How can a coach help you in your marriage?
Perhaps you have what you believe to be a solid marriage relationship and you just want some pointers to take it to the next level.
So how do you get the insights or suggestions to create the marriage you and your spouse have always dreamed of having?
So a coach verses a therapist will save you money and time in your specific circumstance.
Here are a few thoughts, which contain some ideas about my own products. I want to be open here with you. I believe my books and coaching programs will help your marriage just as they have aided hundreds of other couples from diverse backgrounds and married lengths.
I also listed some resources from other “coaches” and “mentors” to give you a pathway to follow. These are folks I have followed or spoken to directly and appreciate their views about marriage. To be as concise as possible, I offer these suggestions in a bullet format.
If you have questions about any of the references, including my own please drop me an email at PepUpYourMarriage@hotmail.com and I will be glad to give you some specific feedback.
- Book –Cracking The Marriage Code – Cracking The Marriage Code is laid out to begin at the surface level for a couple’s communication process and digs deeper with each chapter. Cracking the Marriage Code is a book for husbands that want a marriage that works and that’s happy, loving, and lifelong. This is a book that covers every facet of marriage, from communication and listening to sex and romance. It is filled with action steps to help a husband improve his connection and understanding of that beautiful and mysterious creature he decided to devote his life to. However, though it is a book written for husbands, it’s really for both the husband and his wife to share and work on together in order to take their marriage to the next level. Find it at Amazon.com/dp/B00PHKSY5G The paperback version is ready now!
- Several coaching programs with us – http://www.jerrystumpf.com/services/
- Paul & Lori Byerly – aka – The Generous Husband & The Generous Wife. This couple has worked for many years coaching, mentoring and teaching couples how to have a better marriage. They each have a newsletter that you can follow. Start with Paul’s blog at http://www.the-generous-husband.com/
Paul & Lori are listed separately because they are true pioneers who have weathered many storms for the rest of us to come along and follow the “bread crumbs” left along the path.
Paul is very open to helping others like me, get involved. We share many life experiences together.
They have a wide variety of articles, a forum and resources you find helpful no matter the status of your marriage bed.
- The Christian Marriage Bloggers Assoc. : http://www.upliftingmarriage.com/cmba-members/
This is where you can find many different blogs devoted to marriage.
There are loads of unique types and lengths of blogs represented here.
Take some time to read through the list. Click on some intriguing links and then read about each person or couple involved.
- http://www.leadingmenonly.com/ by my friend Dr. Richard Norris who challenges men to step up and live the life they were meant to enjoy. He says on his about section “Leading Men Only is unique in that its mission is to challenge men around the globe to step up and be the men God created them to be to serve and lead at work, rest and play.”
How can I be of further assistance to you and your wife or husband?
Helping marriages become more vibrant is what I am all about so how can I enliven your marriage?
That is why I started the blog, wrote the books and PDF works, as well as the speaking I do. This year – 2015 – is going to become a fabulous one for Cracking The Marriage Code. How about for your marriage?
Seriously, what can I do to make your marriage everything you want it to be?
Something you can do is sign up for one of our Marriage Tips Newsletters. Husbands sign up next to this post –>>
Wives, sign up below between the arrows.
Our techniques have strengthened the relations for couples across the USA, why not yours?
Take the first step to make your marriage even better by signing up for one of our coaching sessions or by getting one of our books or workbooks today.
Always Expect The Best For Your Marriage – The Best Is Yet To Be!!!